Carpenter’s Helper – Window and Door Installation
Description of Position
Muskoka Window and Door Centre (MWDC) is looking for a Carpenter’s Helper with five years of work experience. The individual will bring excellent carpentry, fine trim work and construction skills from the professional installation and service industry.
Reporting to the Team Lead Carpenter, the Carpenter’s Helper will bring a self-starter attitude with a focus on customer service, quality, professionalism and safety.
- Read and calculate measurements with meticulous accuracy to fit and install windows, doors, hardware and glass.
- Perform carpentry, fine trim work skills with precision.
- Install products for both renovation and new construction applications.
- Organize products, tools and equipment for the day.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding, ever changing work environment.
- Operate power tools; perform duties on scaffolds and ladders.
- Demonstrate initiative; able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Submit daily paperwork with accuracy and on time.
- Adhere to workplace safety standards.
- As a team player, bring a flexible, adaptable mind set to the workplace.
- Demonstrate a professional, community minded and customer driven attitude.
- Carpentry Certificate or equivalent
- Working at Heights Certificate
- First Aid
- High School Graduate
- Valid Driver’s License, Clean Abstract
- Strong mathematical and measurement skills
- Excellent communication, problem solving and team player skills
Interested candidates are asked to send their resume to email@example.com and reference job title by Friday. Apryl 27, 2018 by 5:00 PM