Team Lead Carpenter – Window and Door Installation
Description of Position
Muskoka Window and Door Centre (MWDC) is looking for an experienced Team Lead Carpenter with five to seven years of work experience. The individual will offer experience from the construction, window and door installation and manufacturing industry.
This position will provide team leadership during the installation of windows, doors, glass, hardware, trim, capping caulking and a variety of related tasks. Reporting to the Installation Manager, the Team Lead Carpenter is responsible for managing projects with a focus on customer service, quality, professionalism and safety.
- Train and supervise the work duties and performance of a crew of Window and Door Installers and Carpenters.
- Develop work plans and priorities for each installation project; coordinate with other trades.
- Act as the main liaise between the Installation Manager, customers and installation team.
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail and accuracy related to measurements, math and calculations.
- Ensure the productivity and safety of on-site work with the team in physically demanding, and often diverse work environments.
- Lead team members to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, initiative, energy and enthusiasm.
- Install and inspect all products to meet company standards of excellence.
- Organize the reporting of additional materials or equipment required for job sites.
- Demonstrate accuracy and diligence in completing log books, project updates, reports and paperwork.
- Monitor and report all Health and Safety issues related to Installation Team.
- Mentor and motivate team to become strong ambassadors for the company; model a professional, community minded and customer driven culture.
- Licensed Carpenter (5-7 years of experience)
- Exceptional carpentry skills (framing to fine trim work)
- Excellent mathematical and measurement skills
- Working at Heights Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- High School Graduate
- Valid Driver’s License, Clean Abstract
- Strong communication, supervisory and problem solving skills
Interested candidates are asked to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job title by Friday. Apryl 27, 2018 by 5:00 PM