Expert Maintenance And Weather Stripping Services For Homes And Cottages
Spring is the ideal time to do window and door maintenance. After the long cold winter months, it is a good idea to check the condition and function of all the windows and doors in your cottage or home. Regular attention helps uncover small issues before they turn into large repair problems and a major replacement cost. In addition to enhancing the lifespan of windows and doors, proper upkeep also leads to lower energy bills by helping you maintain equitable indoor temperatures.
Here are 5 Valuable Window & Doors tips from our expert Service Manager Rob Kennedy:
- Examine the functioning of every window and door. Check by opening and closing them fully several times. This will give you an idea of whether they are operating properly or need maintenance or repair.
- Examine window and door hardware. Clean the dust and grime of hinges. Check for loose screws and tighten them. Casement and double-hung windows may also need some lock adjustments. Look around the sashes and glass for mildew stains and treat with a recommended, appropriate cleaner.
- Inspect screens for tears and holes. Clear tracks of debris and pine needles and ensure that screens are sliding properly on them. Also determine if glass patio doors are sliding correctly on their tracks. You can lubricate the tracks on the screens and the gliding patio doors. Rather than use WD40 or an oil-based spray, we recommend using a silicon spray because it dries to a nice, slippery film. Unlike oil, it will not collect dirt or gum up the wheels or rollers.
- Check caulking: Look for caulking that has shrunk, cracked or pulled away from the exterior framing and replace it. Caulking is critical to preventing water from entering your home or cottage.
- Inspect weather stripping and door sweeps closely. Look for missing pieces, tears and damages. It is not uncommon for windows and doors to get stuck to the weather stripping in the winter causing rips, tears or alignment issues. Ensure that weather stripping and sweeps are intact and replace them if necessary.
To optimize performance and lifespan, call our expert window and door maintenance team.
Full Window And Door Maintenance Plus Weather Stripping Services
Muskoka Window and Door Centre offers our customers a full window and door maintenance service to protect your investment. From hardware repairs and adjustments to alignment issues, screen replacement and caulking, we cover your needs. Homeowners who request our weather stripping service have been able to significantly lower their heating and cooling bills.
Weather stripping is an important component of your window and door systems. It improves your energy efficiency by preventing heat loss and gain. Worn out, torn or missing pieces affect the performance of your windows and doors. Condensation can be the result of humidity conditions in winter but damaged weather stripping also leads to ice buildup as well as mold and mildew damage. Even new windows can be impacted by this problem.
As part of our customer service, for window and door maintenance, we will perform a thorough check of your weather stripping and replace it if necessary. We also examine and repair caulking on our replacement windows (up to existing siding or brick work) for cottage and home.
Enjoy A 5-Year Warranty On Window And Door Replacements
Worn out windows and doors don’t just make your property look untidy, they also drive up your energy bills. At Muskoka Window and Door Centre, we offer a wide selection of products made by our trusted manufacturers. Come to our showroom in Bracebridge to see the amazing variety of products that we offer. We’ll help with your selection and provide expert installation to eliminate common operational issues. For your complete peace of mind, we provide a unique 5-year warranty on our workmanship of new installations. You can rely on us for window and door replacements that will enhance your architecture, your view, and deliver energy savings for years to come.
Now is the perfect time for window and door maintenance. Give the experts at Muskoka Window and Door Centre a call today. T:705.645.3057| Toll Free:800.461.5495.
“Our Business is Satisfied Customers”